IDS mailing list archives

Re: DoS Versus Exploit families

From: "Ravi Chunduru" <ravi.is.chunduru () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:04:28 -0700

I thought others are interested, hence posting this.  I got following answer.

DoS:  Attacks which makes service unavailable for genuine users.
Attacks resulting to  100% CPU utilization, Memory Leaks, hangs etc..
Exploit : Attacks that crash the application/service which enables
attacker to gain access to application/service/machine.

Courtesy:
http://wiki.intoto.com/intoto_wiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=102&topics_threshold=0&topics_offset=0&topics_sort_mode=lastPost_desc&topics_find=&forumId=21

Thanks
Ravi

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Ravi Chunduru