IDS mailing list archives

RE: Best IPS system?

From: "Kevin Reiter" <KReiter () insidefsi net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 16:44:15 -0400

listbounce () securityfocus com wrote:
::: -----Original Message-----
::: From: listbounce () securityfocus com
::: [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On Behalf Of Shelly Beasley
::: Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 3:01 PM
::: To: focus-ids () securityfocus com
::: Subject: Best IPS system?
:::
::: Hello mailing list,
:::
::: I would like to buy the "best" system available to the IPS
::: network of my business. My company has only 200 users, all
::: share an Internet connection (10 m). We now use Sonicwall to
::: connect, but we are concerned about the hostile e-mails,
::: malware websites, and people in piracy. Who produces the best
::: job? Which is most capture hacker attempts? The product
::: should not interfere with operations on the network (all
::: connection is filled by the backup off-site at nite).
: