Full Disclosure mailing list archives

HP Full Disclosure Story

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Steve Manzuik)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:21:14 -0600

How can you argue that?  If there was a standard disclosure procedure that the majority of researchers and vendors
agreed to something like this would either a.) never happen or b.) get thrown out of court in a massive PR nightmare
for the vendor invovled.

Right now, with no formal process that vendors in general adhere to HP can make a case of it.  If a process was in
place we would have real world precedence and a proven best practice -- meaning HP would lose in court and the door for
EVERYONE to start suing vendors would start to open.