Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Australia becomes a police state [serious]

From: lists () fakelabs org
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 04:35:26 -0800

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:51:41PM -0600, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
What this has to do with full disclosure, I'm at a loss to say.  But
since your bring it up, I'll ask you to ask yourself one question.  You
don't need to answer to the list.  And anyone who wants to can answer
this question for themselves as well.

Actually it has a lot to do with full disclosure. You obviously have been
getting your information about the world from the mainstream (government
controlled/censored) media.

How do you stop someone from blowing up a building *before* they blow it
up?  If you can honestly answer that, you've come a long way toward
understanding what a difficult position governments are in trying to
deal with the problem of terrorism.

In the end it comes down to who do you fear more?  The government (your
government) that may exceed its constitutionally proscribed powers in
the pursuit of terrorists?  Or the terrorist, who knows no law and has
only one goal in mind - to kill you and as many other people as he or
she can?

BS. This is exactly what they want you to think. Just about every 'war'
since WWII has been scripted by the CIA (and friends) to scare you into
giving up your rights in the name of national security, have an excuse
for taking over foreign countries and commiting genocide, fuel racism,
and continue their quest for world domination. Or am I just paranoid...

I don't need you to give *me* your answer.  I'm struggling with the same
questions myself.

The answer is for the masses to learn the truth so we can hold the
governments and international corporations accountable (according to
international law) for their actions.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
TCS Department Coordinator
The University of Texas at Dallas