Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Some vim problems, yet still vim much better than windows

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:04:52 +0200

David M. Wilson wrote:

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 09:59:43PM +0200, Georgi Guninski wrote:

I seen this sometime last year, I cannot remember where. It's a known
issue AFAIK and I wouldn't be surprized if there wasn't a workaround
already.

Never saw a working testcase. Fact is major linux distributions ship vim with dangerous defaults now.

As it happens, the above is wrong in any case: libcall like that will
probably kill vim: if/when vim tries to read the result of system(3) as
a char * (it returns an int). Use libcallnr. Did you bother reading
:help eval before crying "STOP THE PRESSES!! GEORGI FOUND A BUG!!"?

"...will probably kill vim..."?? Ever bothered trying it to tell for sure?
Check your facts before trolling.
Personally don't care what TFM says, the important thing is whether things work or not.

>vim better than windoze

Says the guy who's realeased ~50 windows advisories -- you've used it
quite a bit. Anyway, comparing a text editor with an operating system?

I am no saint and I have used windoze. That is why I can judge now which one is better.

If you work with much source code (and I'm not talking VBscript,
Georgi), you'll find a lot of packages use modelines for configuring eg.
folding within each source file. For an example of this, see PHP.

Do you suggest also adding a paper clip to vim to help you do more efficient PHP processing? What about if someone wants to edit PHP with emacs?

Georgi Guninski

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html