Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Trustworthy Computing Mini-Poll

From: Thomas Sjögren <thomas () northernsecurity net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:50:29 +0100

On Friday 20 December 2002 15:24, Simon Richter wrote:
What
features will my new computer have, that will convince me to lose
certain options I have right now - playing music, copying what I
like, etc?.

I'd say protection from binary viruses and stack overflows, [...]

"Q: Will "Palladium" really stop spam/prevent viruses for me?

A: Unfortunately, no. Despite the hype in the media, "Palladium" will
not stop spam or prevent viruses all by itself. But by using
"Palladium" as a foundation, there are a number of trust and
infrastructure models we can build that will help combat spam and
viruses in new and effective ways."

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/news/PallFAQ2.asp

/Thomas
--