Full Disclosure mailing list archives

OpenSSL problem: is mod_ssl also vulnerable?

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Ron DuFresne)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:31:06 -0500 (CDT)

And since I made this request for info on another list, relating to libmm
sources, here is the answer:

yes, there is a new version of mm available on
http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/mm/

The advisory is here:
http://www.openpkg.org/security/OpenPKG-SA-2002.007-mm.html

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Thomas Oppel wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2002 09:13 schrieb Jedi/Sector One:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 08:50:31AM +0200, Peter Bieringer wrote:
does anyone know whether mod_ssl (used with Apache 1.3) is also
vulnerable. Currently, last version seen on their webpage is 2.8.10
(24 June 2002).

  Yes, the OpenSSL vulnerability can be triggered through mod_ssl.

  But you don't need a new mod_ssl version to be safe against it. Only
bring OpenSSL up to date, and your mod_ssl module will be safe.

And what about apache-2.0.39 with SSL enabled?
Nothing on apache.org so far.
apache-2.0.x includes code from the mod_ssl project I guess, right?

Greetings, t.o.
--
Thomas Oppel
thomas.oppel () arenfels de