Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Announcing new security mailing list

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Lupe Christoph)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:52:11 +0200

On Thursday, 2002-07-11 at 13:10:29 -0500, Ron DuFresne wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Marc Slemko wrote:

BTW, spewing "[full-disclosure]" into the subject line is a very annoying
thing for a list to do.

Actually, it makes it quite easy for procmail recipies and certain mail
readers to filter and categorize the messages.  What gets annoying is when
there's a ton of html crap preceeding messages, or those folks spewing
vactions into the lists.  Not to mention those danged content filters that
are set to prevent folks from being offended by words like damn...

My procmail recipe, which does not use the Subject: line:

:0:

I prefer to use List-Id because the list might change the insertion
of the list tag in the SUbject: line, but List-Id: is generated by
the list software which normally changes very infrequently.

Lupe Christoph

PS: Since I file each mailing list in a separate file, I find the
    list name tag in the Subject: line redundant.
--
| lupe () lupe-christoph de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a      |