Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Counseling not to use Windows (was Re: Anonymous surfing my ass\!)

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (David F. Skoll)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 07:35:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Paul Schmehl wrote:

Do you then wash your hands of that client?

It depends.  I state up front that I do not support Windows, period.
If they want me to install and configure Linux boxes as file servers
or mail servers, I work for them.  If they want me to do Windows work,
I decline.

IOW, after you've gotten off your evangelist's pulpit and come down
into the real world, do you simply walk away from clients that refuse
to take your advice?

Again, it depends on the situation.  Sometimes, yes.  If clients go
completely against my advice, they're not worth having.  It will blow
up in my face later.

--
David.