Full Disclosure mailing list archives

MS02-065 vulnerability

From: psz () maths usyd edu au (Paul Szabo)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:36:50 +1100 (EST)

Microsoft security bulletin
  http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms02-065.asp
contains the caveat "a patched system could be made vulnerable again [by]
visit a web site or open an HTML mail". We have a execute-any-code
vulnerability, exploitable by a Web page or email; the patch can be undone
by a Web page or email. Just as exploitable after the patch.

Is this what Microsoft calls "responsible disclosure"?

Cheers,

Paul Szabo - psz () maths usyd edu au  http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au:8000/u/psz/
School of Mathematics and Statistics  University of Sydney   2006  Australia

PS: The above applies to IE only; I know that the patch is needed also for
IIS and maybe others. Do not let details get in the way of a good story.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html