Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Do Terrorists Really Have More Fun?

From: johnpf () atnet net au (John)
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:38:31 +1000

sockz loves you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gobbles " <gobbles () mail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:02:21 -0500
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: [Full-disclosure] Do Terrorists Really Have More Fun?

Enter the terrorist.

Men and women who become terrorists, I imagine, are pretty bored.
Terrorism is not about being poor or a victim of injustice. That's
the narrative of selfjustification, but it's never the whole story.
Terrorists come from all walks of life. They usually share low self-
esteem, a hunger for stimulation and high risk, aggression and
resentment. Resentment is the essence of spiritual maladjustment
because it presumes we are owed something by others instead of
owing everybody everything out of simple gratitude for being alive.

hmm...  how is this known?  has richard or yourself ever met a terrorist?  are you yourself a terrorist?  i question
the basis for
the writer's judgement here.

Sockz, you are so right here. I find it very hard to fit Nelson Mandela,
Steven Beeko, Arial Sharon, Yassur Arafat, George Dubya Jnr or Carlos in
the model being put forward by our gobbling friend.

Actually, George Dubya Jnr probably does fit that model the more I think
of it...

JPF