Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: remote kernel exploits?

From: isergevsky () hushmail com (isergevsky () hushmail com)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:43:49 -0700

If this group of coders el8 (yes, I heard about them before - I
remember
somebody got the wu-ftpd 2.6.2 exploit from them a few weeks be
fore it was
released) would have such type of exploits than it's only a mat
her of weeks
before it's gonna show up.

Not everybody cares about disclosing bugs as you SURELY don't know. The ~el8 team are supporters/initiators of 'Project
Mayhem', an underground movement trying to bring the internet to its knees. They will not disclose such thing.
Ac1dB1tch3z are aswell supporting this movement.

Since they're underground they're probably not looking for mone
y but fame (if
they really want to steal cc information all they have to do is
search google
for orders.dbf cart32.exe and God knows what other insecure web
cart
releases.). So if they're looking for fame they will probably r
elease in a
few weeks or so some kind of exploit (with something like "wors
hip us 'cauze
we are the gods of coding" in the coments).

Hahahaha! Not *EVERYBODY* cares about hacking into pr0n websites to grab warrez. Besides, these guys seem to have more
skill than u can imagine and they don't care about YOU or other kiddies like you 'worship' them or not. Disclosing such
a bug (if it exists) would mean TOTAL HAVOC on InterNet structure.

Yes, it's true that a kernel exploit would pass firewalls becau
se 99% of
firewalls are based on kernel. But i don't think that it would
be the end of
the world. Because the reason we love open-source is the speed
of patching
it. And if it's gonna be an exploit, there's certanly gonna be
a patch for
it. Apache, OpenSSH, OpenSSL are all widespread services yet th
ey all have
been vulnerable... we survived. We're still here... my server's
are still not
compromised... So have no fear cause "In open-source we trust"

--

Proud member of PentaGuard