Full Disclosure mailing list archives

simple ltrace trick, was Re: blackfist(posted on request from prophet)

From: silvio () big net au (silvio () big net au)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:29:43 -0700

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 10:43:35PM +0200, Mikhail Iakovlev wrote:
Suggestion to owners of mailing list:

Configure your sendmail/qmail/whatever to block gobbles@* as blacklisted.
Lets see how this turkey will fly than. I would love to see this guy
having registered every day new email addy just to post it here, subscribe
etc.

That's where fun comes:)
1 line and restart of mail daemon for making him wasting his time, what
more precious can we do?:)

Shame this list is not on my server, otherwise I would play with this guy
the way he would love:)

Mik-

rememeber there exist multiple gobbles@, and i dont think blacklisting
a single name is such a good idea - ever go on irc and see *.au banned etc.
Is that annoying do you think?

ok.. back to ltrace. a simple way of detecting if a specific call is
being traced.. just

do something like this -->

((*(unsigned char *)write) == 0xcc)

umm.. why did i post 0xc3 before?  i think i am on drugs today.

--
Silvio