Full Disclosure mailing list archives

greyhat-IS-whitehat?

From: phc () hushmail com (phc () hushmail com)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:49:01 -0700

First of all - the guy posting from phc () hush com is a moronic poser.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 08:52:00PM -0600, Charles Stevenson wrote:
Fuk,

fuk is dead (R.I.P dawg). Please address us as PHC.

Since when do I work for SnoSoft? I'm a fucking lab assistant bro. I
help people setup network printers and fix paper jams. I make minimum
wage.

That's too bad, Charles. PHC feels sorry that a w00w00 'security expert' such as yourself is struggling to get through
life -- in fact, we'd be more than happy to make a donation. We could send 5 0days to SnoSoft under your name if you
like -- that would earn you $250 ($50 per exploit) -- and you could possibly invest it in a slab of prozac and a
handjob down at your local brothel (you have a lot of pent up tension).

Secondly since when am I a whitehat? Do you have any idea how many
machines I've rooted in my life?

No, but please feel free to tell us. PHC would like to apply Lance's theory of 'know your enemy' to this particular
case.

Pfft... I rose from script kid to exploit developer in 3 years. Maybe
you're jealous that some of us actually learnt from w00w00crond.c and > went from ./w00w00crond to #!w00w00.

The only thing you learnt from that exploit is w00w00's says-it-all phrase: 'You're lucky we're whitehats, else we'd
own your dumb ass' (or whatever).

BTW - does w00w00 take donations? We have a CD with beta AIM sources that we could possibly throw their way if they are
ready to make an oh-so-big impact on the security scene with their annual advisory...

I'm coming after you and you know what I don't think anyone would
care if I have to break the law to put your nuts in a ringer. So
climb down off your soap box. PHC couldn't hack their way out of a
wet paper bag. So if you wanted a war. You got one. And to quote

Well, core.. not much is exploitable in a paper bag, but, using mystical
black arts we would:

  1. Assign a point on the bag at which to overflow.
  2. Decide who could aim their penis with tactful-precision.
  3. Aim the penis at the overflow point and begin to urinate.
  4. Once the overflow point is nice and moist, penetrate the paperbag.

So if you wanted a war. You got one. And to quote  2pac... 'and
please print this.' No actually I'll save you the trouble.

We don't want to wage war with you any more than we'd want to kick a wheelchair confined amputee in the nuts.

We do believe in a certain amount of charity. The farthest we'd go from matched competition is to GForce Pakistan. We
wouldn't meet you in the abyss beyond that.

ALIAS: core
REAL NAME: charles stevenson
WORK: snosoft <-- i have access to their boxen but is
snosoft even a company? free access to hardware I
can't afford so that I can make 0day for ingrateful
script kids like yourself? why do I bother? because we
all start somewhere. and i started out ./'n .za. But
as I've walked the path from neophyte towards guru I
have gained some wisdom and some respect. You lack
respect, skill, talent, creativity, ethics, and
probably don't even have pubes yet. I will never work
for a bullshit security company that wants nothing
more than to slap me under an NDA and own everything I
work on, force me from contributing to open source,
etc.. If I was to go out labeling people as this or
that I think I would do my fucking homework first.

We're glad you're doing custodial work at SnoSoft. It's a great opportunity for you to prime your dumpster diving
skills to find the sheets of paper used by KF in jotting down his intense mathematical calculations for his perl -e
command line overflows that are as interesting as watching paint dry.

Please give Blue Boar our best regards. As SnoSoft's assistant janitor, he is really trying to at least maintain a
fingernail grip on his estranged Vuln-Dev, but sadly, The Vuln-Dev New Guy is at a higher rung of the ladder and casts
all of Blue Boar's technically challenged posts in the trash.

AFFILIATIONS: b10z <-- b10z has been dead since like '99.. anyone
who joined thereafter has no idea what b10z used to do

The only affiliation I claim is with the Creator and my fellow man. So
from one man to another.. from one whose shit stinks just as bad as
yours... whose blood is just as red as yours... who is also mortal,
human and prone to imperfection. Shut the fuck up. Get a life. What's
even funnier is I bet when I pull down your mask we can all laugh at
the fact that you work as a security consultant. A little too
ironic.. yeah I really do think. ;)

http://phrack.efnet.ru/greyhat-IS-whitehat.txt

It might have been a better idea to put this URL at the top of the e-mail so people knew what you were rambling on
about from the start.

All your 0day comes from us... you really want to bite the hand that
feeds you?

"Us" as in whitehats? We knew it. Yes, you feed us. No mistake about that... we've compromised so much shit with the
CSS/XSS crap pumped out by people like you daily.

In conclusion:

Your very ignorance in calling people you don't know 'script kids' -- you attest PHC relies on exploits you create, you
fucking inbred imbecile -- is the same level of ignorance that has seen so-called 'experts' in the passed owned to
fuck. Anyway, it is our collective opinion that you're a total zero, and the fact that you consider yourself a
formidable opponent is truly laughable. Don't you have better things to do than throw tantrums on public mailing lists?

peace,

Peace? Is this not a little bit of a contradiction after you have just declared war on the #phrack High Council?

core

PHC

--
Charles Stevenson (core) <core () bokeoa com>
Lab Assistant, College of Eastern Utah San Juan Campus