Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Thomas E Cooper/Boulder/IBM is out of the office.

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:50:07 -0400

I hate to use IBM as an example but I sent a message last week with a bit about these OOTO messages and leakage of information / target aquisition.

No X-Mailer but the Thomas E Cooper/Boulder/IBM suggests Notes pretty strongly, there are a few other possibilities but I believe they are all extremely old mailers. It is IBM, duh! I think there is no real need to ask what they are using just what version.

A google for "X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router" and "IBM" promptly points us to http://www.omg.org/issues/issue4397.txt

which contains a quite dated X-Mailer confirming notes

but a few links down there is the very promising archived message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2003Apr/0037.html

relevant bits
> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:31:07 -0400
> [IBM]|April 9, 2003) at
> 04/11/2003 14:31:09,
>     Serialize complete at 04/11/2003 14:31:09

So not a definitive answer but a high probability of Lotus Notes Release 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 is in use.

Off to http://icat.nist.gov/icat.cfm I go

Plug in Lotus Notes and click "One Year"

only 4 known potentials this year with a low probability of success in this case unless it is still 6.0.0, suprisingly a mentioned vector is email.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=104550124032513&w=2

This is all public information from public archives and only 10 minutes of search and type.

-J