Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Robert S Johnson is out of the office.

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:43:22 -0400

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:10:15 PDT, Thomas Cannon <tcannon () noops org>  said:

communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the message, and please delete it  from your system. Thank you.  NYSE.

I really dig the "please notify the sender immediately by replying to the
message" part. Shame we're all not required by law to do so.

I'd quite happily delete it from my system - if they're willing to pay for
the admin time needed to track it down on our mailserver, trace down which
backup tapes it might be on if it got backed up before I pop'ed the mail
down to my laptop, and rebuild the tapes with the problem file excluded.

Of *course* they want us to erase them from the backups too - failure to
do so was what got Ollie North convicted. ;)  And we're talking about
a mail system that handles millions of msgs/day - takes a while to ensure
that there are *no* copies anywhere.

I smell a new profit center.. ;)