Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ADODB.Stream object

From: jelmer <jkuperus () planet nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:44:18 +0200

I am not big on viri so I looked it up :

---
Mindjail is a new variant of Backdoor.SdBot code that once activated
installs a backdoor into infected systems. IRC channels are scanned by bots
seeking users, who are then spammed with the following messages:

1. "EEEEEEETHHHOOOM! MINDJAIL!! HE IS TRAPPED!! GET HIM OUT!"

2. "Ever heard of a thing called mindjail? Check it"

Both messages are followed by a link to a file called mindjail.zip. The zip
file contains a HTML file, "mindjail.html" which executes JavaScript code on
vulnerable systems
---

I know this thought also crossed my mind,  I also recieved some mail born
virusses wich used a similar scheme but one may argue that had the zip
file contained a .vbs or .exe file, people would have openened it aswell.