Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Patching networks redux

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:34:10 -0400

Thanks for the heads up.

Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

Of course the experts never have these problems, but for the mere
mortals, caveat emptor.

Well I do not recall that ever being stated outside of your own comments. The "experts" definately have problems too, of course they are likely up to date for the most part on service packs and patch levels and experiencing less trouble.

Please do not forget that the "experts" are not nearly as troubled by this because the problem was largly mitigated by following best practices. I suspect you too could be spending this time appropriately handling the problem cases and systems that required the functionality with a lot less worry and headache.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html