Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: DCOM RPC exploit

From: "Steve W. Manzuik" <steve () entrenchtech com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:49:05 -0700

Hi Chris.

Funny you post this from your NGS Software account.  Does Saphire/Slapper
ring a bell?  Isn't this a bit of the pot calling the kettle black?

Do you really think for one second that HD Moore, Benjurry, and FlashSky are
the only people capable of coming up with exploit code for this?  The day it
was announced I saw two other exploits that haven't been publically
announced.  The community of people who have the skills to write such a worm
already had the exploit code, or at the very minimum enough information to
replicate it the day this was released.

A worm exploiting this might happen, but is it really that big of a deal?

Message: 13