Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: USDOJ BRAINWASHING TECHNIQUES

From: martin f krafft <madduck () madduck net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:05:23 +0200

also sprach northern snowfall <dbailey27 () ameritech net> [2003.06.11.0035 +0200]:
The fact is it we need to take measures that help children
understand hacking. This is hardly an issue of brain-
washing.

Yes it is. It's the same thing with the US drug education policy.
They fail to really explain what hacking is all about, swamp the
young with false information (in this case, it's just superficial
and biased as hell), and then put the label of the good citizen on
that.

Instead, they should explain kids what it is and motivate them to
engage in protecting their stuff. When I was a kid and I read a "Do
Not ...", I usually took that as an invitation.

It's also funny that the DOJ thinks that sports equipment is what
makes the world go 'round.

The more we help children understand about malicious hacking, the
less likely they will perform these acts later in life.

While I agree with that, I think that children are unable to
correctly incorporate such information.

--

keyserver problems? http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/keyserver.html
get my key here: http://madduck.net/me/gpg/publickey

all of you that believe in telekinetics, raise my hand!