Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia: Poll

From: "S . f . Stover" <attica () stackheap org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:35:11 -0400

On 11 Jun 03 10:37:49PM Len Rose[len () netsys com] wrote:
:
: I've created a poll to address this "Morning Wood" issue.

The way I see it, it's less of a "Morning Wood" issue and more of a "short-fused
ranters who take their frustrations out on Morning Wood" issue.

Has MW ever said anything inflammatory, offensive, or otherwise unnecessary
to the list?  Sure.  But hell, that kind of stuff makes it to MODERATED lists
sometimes...  Further, he asserts that mostly he's responding to inflammatory,
offensive or unnecessary comments directed at him.  And my feeling is that
he's right on this.  If more people would let his comments slide, and focus
on the technical stuff he's brought to the table, we wouldn't be voting...

The people who flip out when MW posts something questionable are as much to
blame as he is.  And if they want to get all high and mighty, and, heaven
forbid, unsubscribe, <shrug>, no skin off my back.

The decision was made for this list to be unmoderated.  There's no way we can
expect that a certain degree of "cruft" wouldn't be the result.  I understood
this when subscribing to an unmoderated list - didn't everyone else?  So when
that cruft comes in, I just delete it and keep going.  Instead, the Drama
Queens get dressed up and make a show of force and now there's 4 times as
much cruft for me to ignore.

: Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.

I'm pretty sure MW is aware of the lists' perception of him - I expect he'll
tone down or leave (which would be a shame), so can we just get back to the
disclosing of cool shit and leave the drama behind?

~S