Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Destroying PCs remotely?

From: "Alexander Heidenreich" <alex () kallisti no-ip org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:25:53 +0200

John.Airey () rnib org uk wrote ..

Hi,

What was that? It was the US constitution saying bye-bye...

Thats nonsense. Maybe they will find a way to destroy a pcs hardware by remote, deleting the bios or demage the
processor (overheating by excessive using of one single unit). But thats only theory. I remeber only one virus
destroyed hardware. It deleted the bios, but only at special hardware.

More interesting is the other side. I cant imagine its protected by law to destroy anybodys property without a trial,
not only in USA in any other western country, too.
Another question is to attac the infrastructure of a foreign country. In my opinion its an attac if one country
destroys the it of an other country.

Im sure it will end like the flooding of p2p-networks with faked files. It will not stopping anybody from download
"illegal" content.

Alex