Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Symantec ActiveX control buffer overflow

From: Cesar <cesarc56 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:50:11 -0700 (PDT)

I didn't post it to bugtraq, anyways they would hide
the advisory until a fix were ready, this is a common
practice in some SecurityFocus mailing lists.
I won't post anymore advisories to SecurityFocus
mailing lists, they use to not aprove my posts so f*ck
them. One time they ask me to give them some bug
details and post it to bugtraq and i didn't accept,
then when i wanted to post the bug advisory they
didn't aprove my post. Also SecurityFocus is a
Symantec company and Symantec is member of oisafety
group so in future bugtraq will be full of old news if
Symantec will lead by example about the 30-day grace
period and all that ... It took me 1 minute to find
the bug, i wonder if Symatec is a security company
they should be more serious, shouldn't they?.

Cesar.

--- Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com> wrote:
Cesar wrote:
Vendor Status :

I really sorry Symantec i forgot about the 30-day
grace period (see  "Security Vulnerability
Reporting
and Response Process",
http://www.oisafety.org/process.html), also i
forgot
to report it :)
This is really funny Symantec try to protect users
and
they intruduce dangerous ActiveX controls in users
computers. I think that maybe this control should
be
inroduced in Norton virus list :). I wonder if
this
advisory will be on Security Focus news or
vulnerability database.

Did you post this to bugtraq, can't see it there?

There is funny self promoting msg on bugtraq from
symantec regarding this bug.

georgi