Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: MSN Webcam / Chat Spoof

From: Daniel Dočekal <daniel () pooh cz>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:37:45 +0200

Sure Richard it is actually loader of dialer program itself - it even updates itself any time it wants and it does
anything it wants. And there thousands of people who had this bad luck to "use" that kind of software without properly
realising what they are doing.

Concerning that certifitace - stop trusting things which cannot be trusted. Would be any COmpany/Street text something
you can trust? Would it change any time that company relocates?

It's problem of Microsoft who made this "authenticode" verification so misguided and people that they even trust to
that. Actually one should not trust to anything that is not personally known to him...