Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Feeding Stray Cats

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:09:42 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com] On Behalf Of
Stephen Clowater
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 8:58 AM
To: Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Cc: Kryptos; full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Feeding Stray Cats

If anyone has an open solution, I think it should be posted
to the list
and cc'ed to Len. I think this is one off-topic disscusion
that we need
to have if full disclosure is to reamain a valid forum for
discussing in
a meaningful, restrained, and proffessional manner (pardon my
spelling :) )

I don't know how long you've been subscribed to this list.  I was one of
the first.  And I can tell you that what you suggest has been stated and
restated here ad nauseum ad infinitum.  This list *is* a valid forum and
always will be precisely *because* it is not moderated.  Some people
like that.  Others do not.  If they don't, they're free to leave.  The
list isn't going anywhere.

And since I'm already wasting bandwidth by replying, let me voice my
biggest pet peeve to all readers.  If you decide you want to leave a
list that you're on, just leave.  Don't post your parting gripe about
why you can't take it any more and the list is going to hell in a hand
basket.  No one cares.  Just move on with your life and spare us the
histrionics.

*That* one irritates me even more than the dolts who post "How do I
unsubscribe" and the idiots who send their OoO messages to the lists.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member