Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Serious flaws in bluetooth security lead to disclosure of personal data

From: Pentest Security Advisories <alerts () pentest co uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:40:14 +0000

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 04:05:36PM +0000, nosp wrote:
On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 10:21, Pentest Security Advisories wrote:
[...]
No, you didn't misread - The T610, whilst still vulnerable to some
attacks, does provide more protection
of OBEX profiles. In this respect, it's better than the other phones /
devices we've tested.

On the particular T610 that was tested, we found that whilst it was
possible to upload files to the phone we could not download files from it.

It is very possible (and easy) to download (very) sensitive files from a
T610 as long as the MAC is known; no pairing necessary.  Firmware rev
R3C002.  Files include calendar and phonebook.

I retested the T610 and got the following,

Service Name: Dial-up Networking
    Channel: 1
State: Closed.

Service Name: Voice gateway
    Channel: 3
State: Closed.

Service Name: Serial Port 1
    Channel: 4
State: Closed.

Service Name: Serial Port 2
    Channel: 5
State: Closed.

Service Name: OBEX Object Push
    Channel: 10
State: Open.
GET telecom/pb.vcf
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/cal.vcs
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/pb/0.vcf
Returns Unauthorised

Service Name: IrMC Synchronization
    Channel: 11
State: Closed.

Service Name: HF Voice gateway
    Channel: 6
State: Closed.

Service Name: OBEX Basic Imaging
    Channel: 15
State: Open.
GET telecom/pb.vcf
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/cal.vcs
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/pb/0.vcf
Returns Unauthorised

Service Name: OBEX File Transfer
    Channel: 7
State: Closed.

The firmware version is: R1L013

It appears that this firmware version is not vulnerable. A quick google
shows that it may be due to other problems in the firmware.

Tim.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html