Full Disclosure mailing list archives

windowsupdate.microsoft.com limits on how many times a computer can access it

From: "Marc Chabot (.net)" <marc () chabot net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:54:33 -0500

Salut Daniel,

This is not accurate.
Since the blast from MSblast, they change the way you
get to windowsupdate with akamai.

From where YOU are it resolves to 216.52.232.135
From where I am, it resolves to 207.126.99.157
From where John Smith is, it resolves to another IP.

This way, the load is distributed.
It's a DNS trickery.

--
Yours Digitally,
 CanonBall                            mailto: marc () chabot net

We don't just delete spam, we delete spammers.
http://www.spammerhunters.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html