Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FW: IBM AIX GetIPNodeByName API Socket Management Vulnerability

From: Shiva Persaud <shivapd () us ibm com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:47:40 -0500

From the IBM AIX advisory:

A. Official Fix
IBM provides the following fixes:

     APAR number for AIX 5.1.0:  IY46273 (available)
AIX 5.2.0:  IY46024 (available)

Shiva Persaud
AIX Security Developer
shivapd () us ibm com

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           Sherri Emerson             |
|         |           <semerson1978 () yahoo com>   |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           full-disclosure-admin@lists|
|         |           .netsys.com                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           10/02/2003 02:56 PM        |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       full-disclosure () lists netsys com
            |
  |       cc:
         |
  |       Subject:  [Full-disclosure] FW: IBM AIX GetIPNodeByName API Socket Management Vulnerability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

 Hey yall! Although I've followed it for years, this
is my frist time posting to the list, so bear please
with me if I start to ramble or don't follow protocol.

 My friend sent this to me and I don't know where she
got it, but I run AIX 5.2 and would love to know more
about this. Has anyone heard anything? It says IBM
disclosed the info, but I can't find usable stuff
anywhere.

 Thanks!

 -Sherri