Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: AT&T early warning system

From: Steve Wray <steve.wray () paradise net nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:32:41 +1300

And, contrary to one other post on the topic,
it shouldn't be to hard to perform a trial run;

If one made the worms code modular enough
that one could plug in a variety of "victim finding" code
stubs.

This way, one could plug in a fixed list of targets,
(which one owned oneself so that one could watch how
they responded).

Once one had the field test working one would then replace
the stub with real "victim finder" code and away it goes...

Advantage; better testing.
Disadvantage; what if people detect the trial runs?

Ummmm actually, as a sysadmin I think I might swap the
Advantage/Disadvantage there!
:)