Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [normal] Re: MS RPC remote exploit. What about DCOMbobulator?

From: opticfiber <opticfiber () topsight net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:09:01 -0400

It's come to my attetion that disablinf DCOM in windows is near impossible without a regedit. Hopefully no one's already posted this to the list, if so my appologies for the redundancy. Steve Gibson from grc.com creates lots of tiny little applications to tighten up windows security. One of his latestest programs disables the DCOM service all together, no need for a patch. This might be a better option rather then just a patch, espcially for users who don't utilize this service. The tool can be found at the following URL: http://grc.com/dcom/

William Reyor
Http://www.topsight.net