Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Soft-Chewy insides (was: CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly)

From: Michael Scheidell <scheidell () secnap net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

<cynical grin>  Would that that would really help.  I guess maybe in the
long run it might, but I'm not holding my breath.  There's still the
small matter of connecting cause with effect and then implementing a
program that will function appropriately at all levels of the

Just did a presentation to a bunch of AeA CFO's (AeA is American
Electronics Association) where the fist slide I gave them a piece of
paper that has to go with their 10K reports and said:

Ok, as the CFO of a public company, would you sign this:
(a bunch of legal gook I got from our SEC lawyer).

Went through a high(board level) presentation with lots of pretty color
pictures, talked about jail time and fines and informed them that the
CFO is the one who will sign it..
then when done, said 'ok, NOW who will sign this.  You KNOW for a FACT
that your IT department has taken care of this, right? you don't need an
outside/third party audit to make sure the IT or internal security guys
did their job, right?

 NO ONE. wanted to sign it then.
--
Michael Scheidell