Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Computer Sabotage by Microsoft

From: usura () zedz net (Alex de Joode)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:53:43 +0200

On 2003-09-11 Nicholas Weaver wrote:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:30:39PM +0200, Stefan Esser composed:
well it finally happened. I came back home after work, connected my
XBOX to the internet and went into the XBOX-Live menu configuration.
Well what happened. The XBOX started automaticly downloading the new
crappy XBOX-Live dashboard, which is of course fixed.

This is IMHO an act of computer sabotage. I have never allowed MS to
modify my dashboard or to auto update my dashboard.

Is any lawyer on the list who can point me to the right paragraphs? I
do not believe this computer sabotage is legal in any european
country.

Read the End User Liscence Agreement that you agreed to with the X-box
(its probably somewhere in the box).

In some european countries EULAs are not valid if the are 'in the box',
ie if you could not agree/review them before the purchase. You if you
buy the box, but the license is in the box, it has no legal standing
in for instance Holland.

Cheers,
Alex

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.