Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Verisign abusing .COM/.NET monopoly, BIND releases new

From: Joshua Levitsky <jlevitsk () joshie com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:28:11 -0400

On Sep 17, 2003, at 6:44 PM, D. Ian Miller wrote:

FYI ... looks like Verisign has pulled the wildcard A record as we have not patched but invalid domain searches no longer go to verisign ... sitefinder-idn.verisign.com is no longer responding to queries ... maybe someone got the message ... wonder how they will explain this one ...

At 21:26 Eastern it is still going to the sitefinder site here when I try random strings.

However I have heard that they are being hit by a DDoS attack. Perhaps they couldn't handle the load when you went there.

-Josh

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html