Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: !SPAM! Automated ssh scanning

From: Maarten <fulldisc () ultratux org>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:27:10 +0200

On Sunday 29 August 2004 00:04, gadgeteer () elegantinnovations org wrote:
On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 10:23:36PM +0200, Maarten (fulldisc () ultratux org)
wrote:
I remember well that at one time I wanted to install a SuSE system
without X, and just one package triggered 4 other packages and those then
triggered the full X eventually.  It really was a pain.  Mind you, that
was a few years back, I get the distinct impression things have changed
for the better now.

I've not used yast but with rpm at least you can pass a flag to ignore
dependencies.

Yes.  But that's hardly the point, is it.  You can remove the unwanted
packages using 'rpm -e --nodeps' too, but you shouldn't need to.

--
Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html