Full Disclosure mailing list archives

[Full-Disclosure] Re: Remove '[Full-disclosure]' subject prefix

From: Bernhard Kuemel <bernhard () bksys at>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:25:51 +0100

Bernhard Kuemel wrote:
Now there's a subject in my message overview that really tells me nothing: '[Full-Disclosure] [RHSA-2004:030-01] Updated ...' (the rest gets cut off because then the sender field begins. I vote for completely removing the '[Full-Disclosure]' subject prefix. I got no response from len () netsys com so let's see what the subscribers think.

Umm, I probably should have checked first cause this was already
discussed:

http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2003-August/008771.html

On

http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2003-August/008787.html

John Cartwright <johnc () grok org uk> writes:

"This has been covered several times... and we certainly *don't*
want this mail coming to the list. Feel free to mail myself or
Len on the subject. Discussions about subject line prefixes are
off-topic for a security list."

So I'm sorry for violating the list policy. Unfortunatly writing
to Len didn't relief the problem, especially as I didn't receive
a response. I'll check what results the thread in the archive
produced.

Bernhard

--
Webspace; Low end Serverhousing ab 15 e, etc.: http://www.bksys.at