Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Round One: "DLL Proxy" Attack Easily Hijacks SSL From Internet Explorer

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:22:14 -0500

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:23:07 GMT, first last <randnut () hotmail com>  said:

This is OLD news. Where have you been? It's been used for as long as
LoadLibrary has existed by programs monitoring other programs. There are
dozens of other ways of reading data from another program before and after
data is encrypted/decrypted. I could write a dozen similar advisories and
post them here and to BugTraq but I won't because they're OLD news.

We need somebody to volunteer to keep an "old news" webpage with all this
stuff listed,and put the URL in the monthly charter posting.  Then when
people post old rediscovered stuff, we can just say 'RTFM' ;)

Has anybody noticed a rise/drop in re-reports of old IE bugs since Thor
took his 'known unpatched vulns' page down?