Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How much longer?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:13:26 -0500

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:39:18 PST, "Gregory A. Gilliss" said:

receive of the United States in their news and other media, it should
be no surprise to you that someone from another country might suppose
that America has an unofficial government policy in place to facilitate
this kind of behind-the-scenes hand holding.

And just to make you *really* cringe, I can't prove it, but I believe
he's correct. 'nuf said.

Phil Zimmerman's legal hassles.  Dan Bernstein's legal hassles. The Clipper
chip.  Patriot II. Tacking Patriot II onto an appropriations bill. Holding US
citizens (like Jose Padilla) for a year without trial and without benefit of an
attorney. All of Ashcroft's comments disparaging civil liberties in the name of
the war against terrorism.

Doesn't take much tinfoil with documented stuff like that....