Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sonera directing customer e-mails to echelon () sonera inet fi

From: Florian Streck <streck () papafloh de>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:25:10 +0100

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:18:51AM +0100, José María Mateos wrote:
El lunes 16 de febrero a las 00:28, Jei escribió:

Apparently, the automated error message indicates that all e-mails sent
via Sonera's e-mail servers are also directed to echelon () sonera inet fi
address, for reasons unknown.

      The fact that one ISP is doing that and has been caught doesn't
mean the rest of them don't have the same practises. There are wonderful
cryptographic programs out there to encrypt your mail. It's a good
moment to start using them.

The use of crypto software is always a good idea.
In this case however I'd say the admins at sonera have a grim sense of
humor.

Florian

--
SHHHH!!  I hear SIX TATTOOED TRUCK-DRIVERS tossing ENGINE BLOCKS into
empty OIL DRUMS ...