Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Forgate

From: Darren Bounds <dbounds () intrusense com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:22:48 -0500

Jonathan-

I will officially rename 'Forgate' to '4g8' later this evening.

Good luck with Fortinet Inc. and 'Fortigate' for that matter.

Regards,

Darren Bounds, CISSP
Intrusense LLC.
http://www.intrusense.com

--
Intrusense - Securing Business As Usual

On Jan 26, 2004, at 4:02 PM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:

Mr. Bounds,

I think you misinterpreted my email.  As far as Fortinet is concerned,
*who* is using the name is wholly irrelevant.  It does not matter to
Fortinet whether you are using the name Forgate or whether your employer is using the name. The fact of the matter is that it is the NAME of the
project/program that Fortinet objects to as we believe that it clearly
infringes on the name of our long-standing product line.

Again, Fortinet respectfully requests that you immediately cease and
desist using the name "Forgate" in conjunction with your program.  You
are certainly free to rename the program to another, non-infringing
name.  If you refuse to do so, Fortinet will unfortunately have to seek
a more formal, and expensive, resolution of this issue.

I sincerely would like to resolve this matter informally. Please let me
know your intentions as soon as possible.

Jonathan M. Schwartz
Senior Corporate Counsel
Fortinet, Inc.