Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

From: Dale Harris <rodmur () maybe org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:59:44 -0800

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 12:41:20AM +0100, m.esco () wp pl elucidated:

No Segmentation Fault on Slackware 9.1, Kernel 2.4.24, GCC 3.2.3.

Confimed - Segmentation Fault

OS = Slackware 9.1.0
Kernel = 2.4.22
GCC = 3.2.3

int main(void)
{
printf("%c","msux"[0xcafebabe]);
}
$ gcc gcc-crash.c
$ ./a.out
Segmentation fault

Well, honestly... is this interesting if seg. faults when you execute
it?  Or am I just missing something?  You're accessing an array that
hasn't been defined, that is a big "DUH!" in my book.  It is interesting
if it kills the compiler while trying to compile it, when it should be
issuing a syntax error, not if the binary is executed.  Hell, I have
programs seg.  fault all the time, no surprise there.

Dale

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html