Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Openssl proof of concept code? / Neoteris

From: "Lachniet, Mark" <mlachniet () sequoianet com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:34:53 -0500

I did search packetstorm (as always) prior to posting, but came up short.  I also spent a lot of time googling the
usual suspects.  There was some older gobbles openssl code but nothing that seemed to be appropriate to the most recent
issues.  Its possible I missed something, but I would think someone would have pointed out my error by now if that were
the case.

FWIW, since posting I have not received a single positive lead on an OpenSSL PoC at all.  There are plenty of folks who
have one, but they aren't talkin'   Hence, I think there are still some products out there that are vulnerable, vendors
who aren't fixing it, and a small subset of individuals with the ability to exploit it.  Not exactly a great recipe for
risk management IMO.

One device that I'm particularly interested in getting more information on is the Neoteris SSL VPN appliance.  It
fingerprints as Apache 1.3.26 or thereabouts, and has SSL support, so I am guessing that it is running the OpenSSL code
base.  Yet, I don't see them listed in any of the advisories.  It could be a "silent patch" but it could still be
vulnerable.  Anyone know?

Mark Lachniet