Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Possible First Crypto Virus Definitely Discovered!

From: "Billy B. Bilano" <mr.bill.bilano () email server unix bill bilano biz>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:46:22 -0500

Steve,

Sorry to say but it is not! I checked my incoming traffic again this morning
and the attack on port 443 is still coming in full steam ahead! I don't know
what's going on, but I am about to block that port on my firewall. Some
nitwit (probably the idiot that was here before I became IT Director)
somehow, for some reason, deliberately opened port 443 on the firewalls!

I am beginning to think that this is the first wave of the new coming global
crypto-storm!

--------
Mr. Billy B. Bilano, MSCE, CCNA
<http://www.bilano.biz/>
Expert Sysadmin Since 2003!
'C:\WINDOWS, C:\WINDOWS\GO, C:\PC\CRAWL'  -- RMS