Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Internet explorer 6 execution of arbitrary code (An analysis of the 180 Solutions Trojan)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () egotistical reprehensible net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:58:16 +0200

Besides, FD is open for any discussion or anything else. Like you can send your flames, I can send whatever I want.

Gadi, I refer you to the charter (you did read the charter, right?), under the section titled Acceptable Content:

Please quote me in full:
Besides, FD is open for any discussion or anything else. Like you can send your flames, I can send whatever I want. I usually refrain from doing it unless I see something on-topic which I feel is important [snip]

"Any information pertaining to vulnerabilities is acceptable, for instance announcement and discussion thereof, exploit techniques and code, related tools and papers, and other useful information. Gratuitous advertisement, product placement, or self-promotion is forbidden. Disagreements, flames, arguments, and off-topic discussion should be taken off-list wherever possible."

Come back when you have something to say.

Unfortunately, I am one of the people who fight for this charter here, when I have the strength to start a discussion about it every 6 months or so. Thing is, the charter is not upheld or enforced. If kiddies can write how much MS sucks and turn everything else of value which people try and write here into a "we hate MS thread", I will write my opinions here when I feel like it, which is exactly what this list is for. No censorship.

If you have a problem with it, just don't read my posts.

I really enjoy this irony. I am not saying that I am not acting childishly by replying to flames, but that the flamers would attack "the other side" for being off-topic is just too much for me.

        Gadi Evron.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html