Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FD info prompts M$ to summon the FBI on spy-vertisers

From: Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:32:38 +0100

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 16:19, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:38:08 +0300, Georgi Guninski said:
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:14:21AM +0200, Feher Tamas wrote:
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-5229707.html

the "early stages" of building the case, Toulouse said. The company is
considering creating a patch quickly and releasing it as soon as
possible, rather than waiting for its usual monthly update.

hehehehe, a quick patch from m$, this is fun.

Well... when somebody makes it publicly known that you've had your thumb
jammed up your ass for several months, you can either pull it out before
the paparazzi show up, or wait for the usual first-Tuesday thumb extraction.

Anybody know if this one was listed on http://www.eeye.com/html/research/upcoming/index.html
or any of the other well-known "they've known about it for N days" lists?

Does anyone know of a *reputable* list of similar nature detailing how
linux and other OSS perform in the discovery-patch timescale.

I'm attending a seminar hosted by MS in which they are discussing the
pro's and con's of commercial software and OSS, I'd like to carry a
heavy ammunition belt into the fight and I know this will be an element
focused upon.

--
Barrie Dempster

[ gpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.keyserver.net 0x96025FD0 ]

<spam type="places I think you should go">
Do something good http://www.lp2p.org
Open Source Vulnerability Database http://www.osvdb.org
</spam>