Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: MS Anti Virus?

From: "joe" <mvp () joeware net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:32:58 -0400

A boneheaded mistake. What can I say, it's been a long week.
But I think I have a good understanding of the concepts behind
designing and implementing secure software and avoiding the
programming errors that lead to easy exploits.

Heh. And might I say those with benefit of hindsight will generally be
correct.

The rest of your email is so contradictory in so many spots not too mention
a trifle long I am not going to point anything in particular out except

Truly draconian. And exceptionally bad for business.

This is exactly what you seem to be saying you want MS to do. Lock people
down and prevent them from doing what they could do before.