Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: viruses being sent to this list

From: Dan Wilder <dan () ssc com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:45:48 -0800

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 02:11:13AM +0200, Gadi Evron wrote:

It is about this particular forum being used to spread malware for a
while now. It is time the managers, who have so far showed to be logical
and responsible people, to take action and do what must be done.

Which, I'd argue, is among other things to furnish security professionals
with fresh samples of viruses, etc, at least if they're particularly
interesting ones, for us to dissect, enjoy, or employ in checking or
tuning our filters.

Having not much time for that sort of thing I just stick mine in
a zoo, or have the filters do it (oh, ugh.  It's getting to be about
a gigabyte now.  Must eliminate duplicates one of these days),
but who knows.  I might be siezed some morning by a fit of desire to
actually look at one of these, and it's nice to have some handy, just
in case.

Keep up the good work, list managers, and don't listen to Mr. Evron!

(and he ducks)

--
 Dan Wilder <dan () ssc com>   Technical Manager
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549   Phone:  206-782-8808

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html