Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security Watch Essay

From: Cory Donnelly <cory () onryou com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:08:10 -0500

Cael Abal wrote:
roberta bragg wrote:
| Here's an opportunity to be heard by a number of security interested
| people, many of whom, don't subscribe to this list:

Just a heads-up to anyone considering responding to this call for
submissions:

The 'MCP' in 'MCP Magazine' stands for 'Microsoft Certified
Professional'.  The blurb next to the first News entry found at
http://www.mcpmag.com/security/ says this:

"Microsoft Beefs up Online Security Offerings
Perhaps no company in the industry is working harder than Microsoft at
making sure the public knows what steps to take to secure its products."

Yet another heads-up -- essays by Robert Michael Slade and Martin Levasseur made it into the MCP Mag newsletter entitled
'Security Watch: The Microsoft Security Debate -- Part One'.

http://www.mcpmag.com/newsletter/article.asp?EditorialsID=260

Roberta's response is late -- Keith Ward said he'd post it February 23. I wonder if he decided to postpone it because of Aucsmith's "We have never had vulnerabilities exploited before the patch was known," comment? The BBC article doesn't say exactly when that keynote speech was made.

Heh.  I'd be pretty embarassed too.  Ward said:

"[S]o much criticism of Redmond on the topic of security is, I believe, ill-informed."

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html