Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Worm.Cjdr.A and B questions

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:38:20 +1300

"Brandon" <brandon () northstar k12 ak us> wrote:

Hello all. This is my first post, so be kind. I have been watching our mail
servers virus logs and have seen at least 100 Worm.Cjdr.A and .B cleaned
infections. These all appear in a file named p_usb.zip and have never been
seen on our mail server up until today. I have searched the major antivirus
vendors for information as to what kind of actions and other evil deeds the
worm carries out, only to find nothing. I have also searched the standards
like google and some of the hacker sites and chat rooms, but nothing. Any
information would be appreciated.

What virus scanenr do use?  As naming consistency between scanenrs is
all but non-existant, not telling us your scanner is less than
useful...

That said, I'd hazard there is a fair chance that you have seen what
many other scanners call "Inor" (and a couple "Suzer") or something
most scanenrs call "Cidra".

As a new VGrep database has just been released, now would be the ideal
time to check such things:

   http://www.virusbtn.com/resources/vgrep/index.xml

--
Nick FitzGerald