Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: What Antivirus Should I Get

From: Paul <onestepto () yahoo com au>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:18:15 +1100 (EST)

Hi Nancy, I like AVG from www.grisoft.com.  Release 6 is free or you might prefer (as I do) release 7.  AVG7 has
greater functionality than 6.  I use it at a PC shop to clean machines which have had their anti-virus software
compromised by malware.  I've found it to be far less demanding on system resources than Norton, McAfee or most of the
other anti-virus bundles.  This makes it ideal for lower powered machines but it is certainly no light weight when it
comes to anti-virus protection.

Of course, if a machine becomes infected, there may be no alternative than to employ a removal tool specially designed
for the particular infestation, such as is the case with Netsky.

But I, too, will be interested to hear what other subscibers to this list recommend.

Regards

one step at a time...