Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSL - dynamically linked binaries?

From: Honza Vlach <janus () volny cz>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:14:29 +0100

Sorry for choosing bad mailing list, I just thought that this issue would
be more appropriate in this list, because it concerns many other
software, than just openssl.

Secondly, this concerns more systems, one of them is LFS (Linux From
Scratch http://www.linuxfromscratch.org as of 20031212), my Slackware
Linux and several other machines. I'm trying to update it manually, and
because that `d' is just patchlevel, it should be binary compatible.
Therefore no other recompilation should be necessary. The question is,
why it doesn't behave as expected ...

I was just asking, what is the general practice, what do people here
recompile when new openssl version is issued etc.

Thanks for your time,
Honza Vlach